- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk OR 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk + 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil OR your favorite vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups chopped frozen cheese-cake
- Cooking spray
- Butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Mix the straw-berries, jam and 2 tablespoons warm water in a
- bowl; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Pulse the flour blend, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes.
- Transfer the finished pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the strawberry sauce; top with butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, if desired.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Spring 2014
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More