- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk OR 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk + 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil OR your favorite vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups chopped frozen cheese-cake
- Cooking spray
- Butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Mix the straw-berries, jam and 2 tablespoons warm water in a
- bowl; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Pulse the flour blend, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes.
- Transfer the finished pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the strawberry sauce; top with butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, if desired.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Spring 2014
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More