- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 25
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 125g butter
- 50g marshmallows
- 75g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Caster Sugar
- 3 rounded tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 150g rolled (porridge) oats
- 50g Rice Crispy Cereal
- To decorate:
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 175g Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Icing sugar
- Black writing icing or very small chocolate drops
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160Cfan) gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with baking parchment paper.
- Put the butter, marshmallows, Tate & Lyle sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup into a medium pan and heat gently until melted. Stir in the oats, when completely coated with the melted mixture, gently fold in the crispy cereal. Turn into the tin, level and press the mixture evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or, until just golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes then cut into 25 pieces whilst still warm. When completely cool, turn onto a cooling rack.
- Whilst cooling make the buttercream by beating the butter with the golden syrup, vanilla extract and icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Cut the flapjacks into individual pieces. Transfer the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe little ghosts onto each flapjack. If you do not have a piping bag, put the buttercream into a plastic bag and snip off the end from a corner of the bag then you can squeeze out the buttercream carefully onto each flapjack.
- To decorate pipe black eyes onto each ghost or place the chocolate chips
NotesI got the recipe from a the www.lylesgoldensyrup.com website. I made it for the kids school halloween party and the kids loved them. Try it with and for your kids - they'll love making and eating them
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More