- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tbs Butter
- 1 Onion -- peeled and chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbs Chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Fresh hot pepper
- 6-to 8 Carrots
- 3 1/2 c Water
- 2c Yogurt
- 1 tbs Honey
- A spicy soup that can be served hot or cold. Fresh baked biscuits are a nice accompaniment.)
- Melt the butter in a pan and saute the onions and garlic. Add the spices and cook several minutes, stirring constantly. Slice the carrots into discs.
- Add to the pot and cook a few minutes longer. Add 2 cups water, cover tightly and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cooked carrots with the remaining 1 1/2 cups water. Return puree to the pot and whisk in the yogurt and honey.
- Heat the soup, but do not boil.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Lemon Blueberry BreadSee More