- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tbs Butter
- 1 Onion -- peeled and chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbs Chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Fresh hot pepper
- 6-to 8 Carrots
- 3 1/2 c Water
- 2c Yogurt
- 1 tbs Honey
- A spicy soup that can be served hot or cold. Fresh baked biscuits are a nice accompaniment.)
- Melt the butter in a pan and saute the onions and garlic. Add the spices and cook several minutes, stirring constantly. Slice the carrots into discs.
- Add to the pot and cook a few minutes longer. Add 2 cups water, cover tightly and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cooked carrots with the remaining 1 1/2 cups water. Return puree to the pot and whisk in the yogurt and honey.
- Heat the soup, but do not boil.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More