- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 kg of lamb(chops/neck, whatever)
- Three sliced onions
- 1 litre/1 quart of tomato pureé or tomato paste for cooking
- Some olive oil
- 1kg/2lb of 'rice' pasta available in Italian or Greek delicatessens (called Kritharáki)
- Salt, pepper and oregano seasoning
- In a clay pot (or heavy cast iron pot), put the oil and let heat in an oven at high setting.
- Add the sliced onions and brown.
- Sprinkle the lamb with salt and pepper and place in the pot to brown the sides.
- When the lamb starts cooking, place the tomato over it and add the same amount of water.
- Let it heat for about 1 hour until the lamb feels soft and much of the water has evaporated (add water if needed).
- Remove from the oven, and put the 1 kg of 'rice' pasta.
- When the pasta is cooked (another 10 minutes), remove and serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Delightful DessertsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More