- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 kg of lamb(chops/neck, whatever)
- Three sliced onions
- 1 litre/1 quart of tomato pureé or tomato paste for cooking
- Some olive oil
- 1kg/2lb of 'rice' pasta available in Italian or Greek delicatessens (called Kritharáki)
- Salt, pepper and oregano seasoning
- In a clay pot (or heavy cast iron pot), put the oil and let heat in an oven at high setting.
- Add the sliced onions and brown.
- Sprinkle the lamb with salt and pepper and place in the pot to brown the sides.
- When the lamb starts cooking, place the tomato over it and add the same amount of water.
- Let it heat for about 1 hour until the lamb feels soft and much of the water has evaporated (add water if needed).
- Remove from the oven, and put the 1 kg of 'rice' pasta.
- When the pasta is cooked (another 10 minutes), remove and serve hot.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More