- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 kg of lamb(chops/neck, whatever)
- Three sliced onions
- 1 litre/1 quart of tomato pureé or tomato paste for cooking
- Some olive oil
- 1kg/2lb of 'rice' pasta available in Italian or Greek delicatessens (called Kritharáki)
- Salt, pepper and oregano seasoning
- In a clay pot (or heavy cast iron pot), put the oil and let heat in an oven at high setting.
- Add the sliced onions and brown.
- Sprinkle the lamb with salt and pepper and place in the pot to brown the sides.
- When the lamb starts cooking, place the tomato over it and add the same amount of water.
- Let it heat for about 1 hour until the lamb feels soft and much of the water has evaporated (add water if needed).
- Remove from the oven, and put the 1 kg of 'rice' pasta.
- When the pasta is cooked (another 10 minutes), remove and serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Adventures in Cooking
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More