- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pkg. yeast
- 6-8 cups flour
- 1/2 lb. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Enough milk to make the glaze runny
- Mix together the scalded milk, shortening, sugar, water and salt. Cool.
- Add eggs, yeast and flour. Let rise for 2 hours.
- Roll dough out, form doughnuts and let rise again. Brown in hot oil on both sides.
- Glaze with the mixture of powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, enough to make glaze runny. Marlene
NotesThis recipe makes a lot of doughnuts but in our house that is never a problem as they get eaten by my husband as fast as the glaze is drizzled on them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More