- Cooking Time: about 30 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed, or 1 cup dried black = beans
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons neutral-tasting oil, like canola oil or grape seed oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup bean flour or other gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or chili powder, optional
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips*, optional
- If using dried black beans, soak them for several hours and cook them until very tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Add black beans to a bowl of a food processor and process until a paste forms.
- Add eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa, flour, xanthan gum, vanilla, baking powder and chili powder, if using.
- Process until smooth and well combined.
- Add walnuts, if using, and process until walnuts are mixed in.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Top with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until an inserted tester comes out clean.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2013
This gluten-free, dairy-free recipe might just be one of the highest-fiber, highest protein brownies around. So rich-tasting and full of chocolate flavor, even kids won't have any idea what the secret ingredient is.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More