- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 flat breads
- Preparation Time:
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) gluten free chick-pea
- (gram) flour
- 40ml (2 fl oz) olive oil
- 200ml (7 fl oz) water
- Small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Put the flour in a bowl and pour the olive oil slowly into a well in the middle.
- Then gradually add the water while mixing continuously. You should get a batter that is fairly thick - it should pour, but not spread to the edges of the pan when you pour it in.
- Add the coriander and lemon zest and stir.
- Get a non-stick frying pan nice and hot, add a little oil for frying and pour in
- 100 ml of batter, which will form a pancake about 20cm across.
- Once this side is browned, turn it over and cook the other
- Lift it out and keep it warm while you cook the rest of the batter
- You can freeze any unused flat breads and simply pop them in the toaster when you want to use them.
- This is a really handy way of making sure you've got gluten free bread on hand.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Winter 2010
This gluten free flat bread recipe came from the Food Doctor (Ian Marber)
Everyday Diet book.Ian happens to be a celiac, and so many of his recipes are gluten free, as well as being very tasty, and nice and low on the GL scale.