- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup gluten free cornmeal
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vine-gar
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled apples
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place 3 tablespoons bacon fat OR olive oil in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Preheat the skillet with fat in hot oven
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to thor-oughly combine.
- Blend eggs with milk, 1/4 cup olive oil and vinegar.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Pour batter into preheated skil-let and smooth with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick in-serted into the middle comes out clean.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2012
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More