- Cooking Time: 55 minutes to 1 hour
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryReprinted from Celi-Yak News Winter 2014
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup organic palm, or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup Toffee bits, such as Heath Toffee Bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans 5 Tbsp Gluten-free all purpose flour blend
- 4 Tbsp chilled butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, mix together apples, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- In food processor, pulse together toffee pieces, pecans (or Nut-Free replacement), gluten-free flour blend, and butter. Use on-off pulsing until the ingredients are all moist and beginning to clump together.
- Place Apple mixture into a well-greased tart or pie plate.
- Press Toffee mixture evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until topping is beginning to crisp and bubble slightly.
- Watch to make sure it is not browning too much.
- Serve with your choice of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream or drizzle with your favorite caramel sauce.