- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk (might need more if batter is too thick)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot with butter and maple syrup if desired.
NotesI sometimes use half whole wheat and half all-purpose flour for these, which is most of the time, but if not then they still are good. I also tend to add some frozen wild blueberries to mine, as not everyone in the household loves blueberries, but I always have a supply in the freezer so I will add some after I have scooped out the batter onto the griddle while the first side is cooking and flip them over with the blueberries for myself and whoever else prefers them. These are just as good served plain with some butter and maple syrup just the same. I have also used other fruit as well, raspberries, and some bananas with pecans added also. I just like to use up what I have on the counter or in the freezer and whatever strikes my taste at the time, but usually it is blueberries for me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Eats!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More