- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sodium sweet peas, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust, contains two crusts
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, peas, chicken, mushrooms and soup in a large bowl, and fold together until blended. Add the onion powder, sage, rosemary and pepper, and stir until blended.
- Form 1 pie crust into a deep dish pie plate. Pour the pot-pie mixture into the crust, and place the top crust over the top. Seal the edges with a fork or by pinching with the thumb and forefinger. Cut two, 1-inch slits in the center of the crust to vent.
- Bake 10 minutes; reduce the heat to 350°F. Bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden. Place on a wire rack to cool slightly. Cut the pie into 8 wedges to serve.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 380; Total fat 16g; Saturated fat 6g; Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 880mg; Carbohydrate 46g; Fiber 5g; Protein 16g; Vitamin A 100%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 20%DV *Daily Value
NotesIn case it’s a chilly fall afternoon and you can’t make it to Grandma’s house for one of her homemade favorites, Mealtime.org has made it easy to create great taste and good nutrition in your own kitchen. With hearty, nutrient-rich canned vegetables and flavorful herbs and spices this dish will surely become an all-time favorite and an easy-to-prepare main dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
MetroCooking DC 2013
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More