- Cooking Time: 9 - 10 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 8 slices gluten free bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyère
- 1/2 cup gf grated aged goat cheese
- 3/4 cup Bread-and-Butter Pick-les
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- Smear both sides of bread slices with mayonnaise.
- Combine cheeses in a bowl. Sprinkle 4 slices bread with half of cheese mixture, dividing equally.
- Top each with 3-4 pickles.
- Divide prosciutto among sandwiches; top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with remaining bread.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in each of 2 large heavy skillets over medium-low heat.
- Add 2 sandwiches to each skillet and cook until bread is golden, 9-10 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to each skillet, flip sandwiches, and cook until bread is golden and cheese is melted, 9-10 minutes longer.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Summer 2014
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Teriyaki Salmon and Green Onion Kabobs
"Lightened Up" Carrot CakeSee More