- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 pound medium sea scallops
- 2 cups Miso-Citrus Marinade
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil, plus 1/4 cup more, if needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- With a spoon scrape the gills from the mushroom caps. Set aside the caps.
- Toss the scallops with the marinade in a medium bowl. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Prepare a grill, a grill pan, or a large sauté pan over high heat until hot, and spray the grid with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly rub the portobellos with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. If using a pan, add 2 additional tablespoons of oil and swirl to coat the pan. Grill or sauté the mushrooms, turning once, until brown, 8 to 10 minutes total. Transfer the mushrooms to a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap so the mushrooms can steam to complete their cooking, about 15 minutes. Cut the mushrooms into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the scallops from the marinade and wipe to remove excess marinade. Encircle each scallop with 1 or 2 portobello slices then insert a skewer through the center to make a "handle" and hold the mushroom in place. Place 2 scallops on each skewer. If using a pan, reheat over high heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and swirl to coat the pan. Lightly pepper the scallops and, working in batches, if using a pan, sauté the lollipops, turning once, until the scallops are cooked, about 3 minutes per side. If using a grill, grill until the scallops are cooked through, turning once, about 2 minutes on each side.
- If serving as an hors d'oeuvre, arrange the lollipops on an oval platter. To serve as a starter, divide the greens among 4 plates. Top with the lollipops, squeeze the juice from the lemon over the lollipops, and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More