- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Ghee or clarified butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- Sufficient vegetable oil for deep fat frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- First make the syrup.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water over moderate heat, stiring constantly.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile combine all the dry ingredients and using your fingertips, beat in the butter.
- Add the water and knead until it forms a slightly soft dough.
- Set aside at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Shape into small balls.
- Fill deep frying pan 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350F on deep fat thermometer or until a small cube of bread dropped in turns golden in 55 seconds.
- Carefully lower the balls into the oil a few at a time and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp and rise to the surface.
- As they brown, transfer them to the syrup mixture.
- When they are all cooked, remove the syrup from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. 4 - 6 servings.
NotesWe have a Folklore Festival every year around Mother's Day. I go from booth to booth trying new to me foods. This sweet I found in an East Indian booth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More