- Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
- Servings: 4-5 bowls
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup TVP, reconstituted (see below)
- 2 cans red beans, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 4 stalks chopped celery
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 LARGE can tomato sauce (28-30 oz, depending on brand)
- 8 oz water
- To reconstitute TVP - Combine 1 cup dry TVP and 1 cup hot water in a bowl. Let sit 5 minutes or so.
- In a large pot, saute everything except the beans, tomato sauce and water over medium heat, until onions are translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer 2-3 hours, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
NotesGabe made this. It's yummy. It's also good with cornbread, or rice, or cheese on top, or over baked potatoes.