- Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
- Servings: 4-5 bowls
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup TVP, reconstituted (see below)
- 2 cans red beans, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 4 stalks chopped celery
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 LARGE can tomato sauce (28-30 oz, depending on brand)
- 8 oz water
- To reconstitute TVP - Combine 1 cup dry TVP and 1 cup hot water in a bowl. Let sit 5 minutes or so.
- In a large pot, saute everything except the beans, tomato sauce and water over medium heat, until onions are translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer 2-3 hours, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
NotesGabe made this. It's yummy. It's also good with cornbread, or rice, or cheese on top, or over baked potatoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More