- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 C Bok Choy, Shredded
- 1/2 C Red Bell Pepper
- 2 T fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 C pine nuts
- 1 C walnuts, soaked (1-2 hrs)
- 1 1/2 T lemon juice
- 1 T Ginger juice (I just used a chunk of ginger)
- 1 T Garam Masala
- 1/2 T Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 T garlic, minced
- 1/4 T fresh ground pepper
- 1. Combine bok choy, bell pepper, and basil. Set aside.
- 2. In food processor or blender, blend the rest until smooth (add water if needed, to desired consistency)
- 3. Combine with bok choy mix, and marinate 1-2 hours if you can wait that long!
NotesI normally only post my own recipes, but this one was SO good, and SO healthy that I wanted to share it as well! Plus, it the recipe is available online (see link below) With the beautiful color combo and savory cinnamon flavor, we have called this our Christmas Salad.
I has a sauce that was flavored with Garam Masala, a blend of spices commonly used in Indian dishes. I found a lovely blend at Whole Foods, and am in love! While it seems the exact ingredient list varies, it looks like they all tend to be a blend of savory and spicy items. Some of the common spices are black and white peppers, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, star anise, coriander, and other exotic flavors, like malabar leaves and pappali. And I think the blend I bought must have had a little cayenne or chili powder or something, because there was just a slight heat kick to it!
And bok choy is an incredibly healthy green - with a high concentration of beta-carotene and vitamin A. It also has amazing amounts of bone-strengthening, cancer-fighting Vitamin K! Bok is also an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant rich fiber food.