"A definitive family favourite by our Brie ♥"Serves | Prep Time | Cook Time
Why I Love This Recipe
I remember the 1st time Brie cooked this for us ... we just couldn't get enough! There is always the option to switch in/out different ingredients, but the end result is always a tasty main dish!
Ingredients You'll Need
- 2 Chorizo’s sausages
- 2 tbsp butter/margarine
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/8 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup uncooked Rice
- 2 cup Chicken stock/broth
- Shrimp/prawns, peeled & de-veined
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Saute sausages until brown.
2. Heat butter until bubbly, and add:
a) Onion, garlic cloves, green pepper, tomatoes, thyme, chili powder, cayenne & sugar.
b) Cook on low for 15 mins.
c) Combine with sauteed sausages.
3. Cook rice in the chicken broth until rice is cooked thoroughly.
a) Add this in with the above combined items.
4. Add the shrimp in with the above about 10 minutes before serving, replace lid.
Season with salt and black pepper, to preferred taste.