- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 1 Medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/3 cup Chopped green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 8 Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onions, if desired
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in onion, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Heat bell pepper, water, cumin, garlic and tomato sauce to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Pour into ungreased pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches.
- Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture onto each tortilla; roll tortilla around filling. Place in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 11x7x1 1/2 inches. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onions.
NotesThis recipe is from my late mother-in-law Juanita. While I confess, I don't miss her (don't tell Carols), I do miss her famous beef enchiladas. I made a low-fat version so I don't have to feel too guilty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More