- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 1 Medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/3 cup Chopped green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 8 Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onions, if desired
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in onion, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Heat bell pepper, water, cumin, garlic and tomato sauce to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Pour into ungreased pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches.
- Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture onto each tortilla; roll tortilla around filling. Place in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 11x7x1 1/2 inches. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onions.
NotesThis recipe is from my late mother-in-law Juanita. While I confess, I don't miss her (don't tell Carols), I do miss her famous beef enchiladas. I made a low-fat version so I don't have to feel too guilty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More