- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 14 ounces firm beancurd aka tofu
- 1 tablespoon peanut or canola oil
- 1 small cabbage , chopped coarsley and steamed
- 1/2 pound string beans, haved and steamed
- 1 bunch watercress, par boiled
- 1 cauliflower, cut into large pieces and steamed
- 1 pound bean sprouts, scalded
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 eggs, hard boiled, shelled and cut into quarters
- slice beancurt in half inch slices and sauté in oil until golden.
- Drain on paper towel.
- In a large (preferably stainless steel) bowl mix all vegetables (except cucumber)and tofu.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with cucumber slices and egg wedges.
- Serve with Gado-gado Saus Kacang.
- Selamat makan!
NotesOne of the differences between the way Americans and Europeans eat compared to the people from South East Asia, that in South East Asia the salads are not served before the main course, but actually is part of the main course.
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, Satisfying
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More