- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons tamarind or fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup extra crunchy peanut butter
- pinch of lemon grass*
- 1 teaspoon gula djawa* (Indonesian palm sugar) or dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Ketjap Manis Sedang* (Indonesian Medium Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek* (Indonesian red pepper paste)
- peanut or canola oil for frying
- Heat oil in wok or skillet and sauté onion and garlic until onion is brown and crisp.
- Set aside.
- Add peanut butter, tamarind or lemon juice, lemon grass, sambal oelek, sugar and soy sauce. Stir until it starts to fry then add enough water to make a thick sauce.
- The peanut oil will seperate, but just stir until warmed.
- For something spicier add more sambals at dinner time.
- Serve over Gado-gado.
- These products can be purchased at your local Oriental food market such as 99 Ranch Markets or on line.
- Selamat makan!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More