GAENG PHAD GAI - THAI CHICKEN RED CURRY
Gaeng Phad Gai - Thai Chicken Red Curry
- 1 1/2 pounds (667 grams) chicken breasts, deboned,skinned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red curry paste*
- 1 14 ounce (397 grams) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nam pla* (Thai fish sauce)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Put vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat ( I prefer to work with a wok). Stir-fry red curry paste for 1 minute. Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is done. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
These products can be purchased at your local Oriental market such as 99 Ranch Market or on line.
You can purchase Red Curry paste prepared or if you prefer to make it yourself, just ask me for the recipe.
Source of this recipe is: "A Touch of Thailand" by Duanguen Buranasombati.