GAIN THE POUNDCAKE
Gain the Poundcake
- Cooking Time: 70 minutes
- Servings: 8 OR 1
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- •3 sticks of butter or margarine (**I used Fleishman’s unsalted margarine 3 sticks softened)
- •3 cups flour ( I used white lily all purpose flour, this was incredible)
- •1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- •2 ¼ cups sugar (I used it all it was not overly sweet)
- •¾ cup of milk
- •1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla or other flavoring
- •6 eggs (I used the large size)
2.Do not sift, put everything in the mixing bowl together. Beat on high speed for 10 minutes. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes in a greased tube pan. Do not preheat the oven. Let cool one hour. (No baking time given)
3.My instructions: Do not sift anything.
4.In mixing bowl add: margarine, sugar, eggs. Mix for like one quick minute until just combined somewhat still lumpy. Add flour, baking powder milk, vanilla. Mix on high for 10 minutes. If using Kitchen aid mixer, start slowly and continue to mix on medium or #4. I baked mine in a long angel food pan, greased. I baked it at 325. As the recipe said it baked for exactly 1 hour and 20 minutes. I started testing after 1 hour. Let cool.
5.**I used margarine because in my pound cakes the butter seems to marbalize. I am a total butter (sweet) person. I found the Fleismans best in this recipe.
6.It looked beautiful in the long loaf pan as well. This make a very large cake. So be sure you have a very large bundt pan. I bought this “long” angel food loaf pan for .50 at a yard sale I have used it so many times. The best thing I ever bought for .50!!!! LOL. I have had it for over 16 years now and cleans up great looks brand new still.