- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Carrots - 6 (grated finely)
- Milk - 3 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Mawa - 1/2 cup (powdered milk)
- Khoya - 3 tsp (ricotta cheese)
- Almonds - 1/8 cup (chopped)
- Cardamom - 5 (skinned and crushed fine)
- Pistachios - 2-3 (powdered)
- Ghee - 1/4 cup (clarified butter)
- Raisins - 1 tsp
- Boil the carrots in the milk in an open pan maintaining a low flame. Constantly stir.
- When carrots are cooked, take them out and drain any excess milk.
- Pour milk powder (mava), the ricotta cheese and the sugar to the cooked carrots.
- In a frying pan heat the ghee, now add the carrot mixture and keep high flame until the carrot paste loses the milky texture and later turns into golden brown color.Make sure sugar has totally dissolved.
- Add the raisins, cardamoms, powdered pistas and the almonds.
- Heat through and serve hot.
- Tastes even more yum with some vanilla Ice cream
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More