Galician style octopus
"The Galician style octopus is an octopus dish typical from Galicia, a region in the northwest of Spain."Serves 4 | Prep Time 10m | Cook Time 20m
Why I Love This Recipe
Super easy traditional recipe with only 5 ingredients!
Extra tip: if you prefer to eat it warm, put it in the microwave for about 30 secs. Enjoy!
Ingredients You'll Need
• Boiled octopus, about 2 to 3 kg.
• Paprika, spicy or sweet, according to taste.
• 3 or 4 medium potatoes
• Thick salt
• Olive oil
1. First, we boil the potatoes. We pour plenty of water with a handful of salt into a casserole, and we put the potatoes in it. We bring it to boil and let it cook for about 30 min. When we prick with a knife and it comes out of the potato without difficulty, they will be ready.
2. Let the potatoes cool and peel them. Then, we cut them in slices about 0.5 to 1cm thick approx. and place them on a plate. A wooden plate is traditionally used, but you can do it on a ceramic one.
3. Chopped the boiled octopus in small pieces, about one finger thick. It’s easier to use scissors than a knife for the cutting. Then, put it on top of the potatoes.
4. Finally, season with a large amount of paprika on top, a drip of olive oil – extra virgin better – and thick salt.
Pairs Well With
Craft beer, white wine