- Cooking Time: 20 to 25 Minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 20 to 30 Minutes
- 1 large package cream cheese
- 1 package Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 Can Chilli with or without beans.
- 1 Can Refried beans.
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Can Green Chili , chopped
- 1 Can Rotel
- 1 package Sharp Chedder, finely shredded.
- 1 tablespoon, Chives or Green Onion (Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon, Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Bag Taco Chips, Frito's Scoops which ever you prefer.
- In a large glass baking pan, blend cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Use a spatula to spread mixture over the bottom of the pan.
- Making sure to keep the cheese spread off the side.
- This is so that you can maintain the layered look.
- Next spread the can of Chilli with or without beans. Sprinkle just a fine layer of Chedder over this layer.
- Then add one half portion of the chopped onion, and also one half of the green chili's.
- Next spread the refried beans over the top of this layer.
- I typically will put the refried beans in a small bowl and add just a bit of the rotel juice in order to make the beans more spreadable.
- Next put another fine layer of shredded chedder, you really don't need a lot. Add the rest of the chopped onions and green chili over top of the chedder. Next spread the Rotel over too make the next layer.
- Finish by putting a nice thick layer of the Sharp chedder. Bake at 350 degrees until the the top is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle Sliced black olives over the top of the cheese mixture.
- I will also dress this up with some snipped chives or finely chopped green onions, whichever I happen to have on hand.
NotesThis is nice to whip up before Game night or to take to a party. Its pretty easy. If there are leftovers, a reheat in the microwave is just as easy, just mix all the ingredients together forming a bean dip. It just looks prettier in the glass baking pan when you are bringing or serving it up for a get together.