- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons cognac or brandy (optional)
- Note: Truffles can also be made with Ganache. Truffles are just small balls of chocolate that can be rolled into cocoa powder, powdered sugar or toasted chopped nuts. You can use your hands to form the truffles, or else a melon baller or small spoon. Make sure the chocolate ganache is well chilled before forming into balls. Truffles can be refrigerated for a couple of weeks or else frozen for a couple of months. They are delicious and a great way to use "leftovers".