GARBANZO BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP
- Servings: 6
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 2 cans (10- 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- Grated parmesan cheese
Cook onion and sausage in a 4 quart dutch oven until sausage is light brown; drain. Stir in remianing ingredients except cheese.
Heat until boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables and beans are tender, about 20 minutes Serve with cheese.
Yield 6 servings