- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and finely diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg, milk, oil, and butter.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini, carrot, and green onions, blending thoroughly.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins, filling about three-quarters full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More