- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ Red pepper, chopped
- ¼ Orange pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions with green tops
- 1 pearl tomato, chopped
- 1 ounce of cheese, your choice of flavor
- 2 whole organic eggs, whisked with a teaspoon of water
- 1 tablespoon or less organic coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil on medium in a small- to medium-sized frying pan or omelet pan. Add eggs. Let set into a crepe form until almost dry on medium-low. Add chopped red pepper, tomato, scallions and cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold over, turn heat to low and cover for five minutes until cheese melts. Enjoy the subtle flavor of the coconut oil as it blends with the other tastes. Serves 1 or 2.
NotesA study that appeared in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association shows that among young adults the healthiest eaters are those who frequently prepare their meals at home, rather than eating out. Researchers at the University of Minnesota studied 764 men and 946 women aged 18 - 23.
The ones who reported making their own meals at home were more likely to meet dietary guidelines for fat, calcium, fruit, vegetables and whole grains. 31 percent of those who prepared their food at home ate five daily servings of fruits and vegetables, compared with three percent who said they rarely prepared their own food.