- Cooking Time: 30 minutes approx.
- Servings: 4 servings of 1 cup
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 c sliced carrots
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 c fat free broth(beef, chicken, vegetable or sodium free etc)
- 1/1/2 c diced green cabbage
- 1/2 c green beans
- 1 tbls tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c diced zucchini
- (in winter I use rutabaga, turnips, celery, parsnips or whatever is in season)
- In large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute the carrot, onion, (celery) and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, beans, (other winter veggies)tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- 0 points per serving of 1 cup.
- 42 calories approx.
- 0 fat
NotesThis is the first recipe I made when I joined Weight Watchers. It is so good I have continued to make it and modify the vegetables throughout the gardening season.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More