- Cooking Time: 30 minutes approx.
- Servings: 4 servings of 1 cup
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 c sliced carrots
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 c fat free broth(beef, chicken, vegetable or sodium free etc)
- 1/1/2 c diced green cabbage
- 1/2 c green beans
- 1 tbls tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c diced zucchini
- (in winter I use rutabaga, turnips, celery, parsnips or whatever is in season)
- In large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute the carrot, onion, (celery) and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, beans, (other winter veggies)tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- 0 points per serving of 1 cup.
- 42 calories approx.
- 0 fat
NotesThis is the first recipe I made when I joined Weight Watchers. It is so good I have continued to make it and modify the vegetables throughout the gardening season.
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More