- Cooking Time: 30 minutes approx.
- Servings: 4 servings of 1 cup
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 c sliced carrots
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 c fat free broth(beef, chicken, vegetable or sodium free etc)
- 1/1/2 c diced green cabbage
- 1/2 c green beans
- 1 tbls tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c diced zucchini
- (in winter I use rutabaga, turnips, celery, parsnips or whatever is in season)
- In large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute the carrot, onion, (celery) and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, beans, (other winter veggies)tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- 0 points per serving of 1 cup.
- 42 calories approx.
- 0 fat
NotesThis is the first recipe I made when I joined Weight Watchers. It is so good I have continued to make it and modify the vegetables throughout the gardening season.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More