- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless pork cutlets
- 1 Tbl. vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, rough-chopped
- 4 oz. (or more) fresh or canned button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 envelope Lipton Garlic & Herb soup mix
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Wipe pork cutlets dry and season with pepper (don't use salt, since the soup mix has ample sodium.)
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown cutlets.
- Remove cutlets to slow-cooker, then add the onions and mushrooms to skillet and saute till mushrooms are lightly browned and onions are translucent.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve the soup mix in the boiling water.
- Add wine to skillet and bring to boil, Simmering for a minute or two to deglaze and reduce a bit.
- Add the soup mixture to skillet, then pour contents of skillet into slow-cooker on top of the pork cutlets.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Serves 4.
NotesI found an envelope of Lipton Garlic & Herb soup mix, and thought it would be a good sauce base for pork. Here's what I did with it, and the result was fall-apart tender meat and a delicious gravy for spooning over noodles or rice.