Garlic Bar-b-Que Pork
For barbecued pork:
1 pound pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (Chinese barbeque sauce)
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic
½ teaspoon sugar
For garlic soy sauce:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1½ tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon Asian chili oil
1. Preheat oven to 325° degrees.
2. Line a shallow baking pan with foil.
3. In a small bowl, combine ingredients for barbecue sauce and whisk together.
4. Place tenderloin in baking pan and coat with hoisin mixture; bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool pork completely while still in baking pan.
5. While pork is cooling, combine ingredients for garlic soy sauce and heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring often.
6. Transfer pork to a cutting board. With a knife held at a 45° angle, cut meat across grain into thin slices.
7. Pour warm garlic soy sauce over pork slices