- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf crusty bread, split
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese, Parmigiano or Romano, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine garlic, butter, and oil in a microwave safe dish or in a small saucepan.
- Heat garlic and butter and oil in microwave for 1 minute or in a small pot over moderate-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Toast split bread under broiler.
- Remove bread when it is toasted golden brown in color.
- Brush bread liberally with garlic oil. Sprinkle with cheese, if using, and parsley.
- If you added cheese, return to broiler and brown 30 seconds.
- Cut into chunks and serve.