- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. of medium-sized raw shrimp
- 3/4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter (can be adjusted to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- approx. 9-12 ounces of angel hair pasta (preferably fresh or refrigerated Buitoni brand)
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup of Riesling wine
- 1. Dice up garlic into very small pieces.
- 2. Peel & rinse raw shrimp.
- 3. Heat up large saucepan to medium heat and add butter.
- 4. Melt butter and spread evenly around pan. Add garlic and grill until lightly browned.
- 5. Add shrimp to butter & garlic in pan.
- 6. Cook shrimp thoroughly (you will notice that it will turn very pink-orange in color and shrink and curl up in size).
- 7. Add Riesling to shrimp, butter & garlic in pan.
- 8. Stir frequently for shrimp to be cooked evenly and add Italian Seasoning.
- 9. Add half a (26 oz.) jar of Marinara Sauce--I highly recommend Newmans Own for this. (Of course, you can always adjust how much marinara sauce you want to use based on your own taste preferences).
- 10. Cook until sauce begins to simmer and bubble.
- 11. Top shrimp & sauce over cooked angel hair pasta (directions for prep below).
- Angel Hair Pasta Prep:
- 1. Add 4 1/2 cups of water to pot.
- 2. Add olive oil & salt to water and stir in evenly (to avoid pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot).
- 3. Bring water to a boil and add angel hair pasta.
- 4. Cook pasta thoroughly for about 10-12 minutes on medium heat.
- * You can do the typical test by taking out a strand of pasta and flinging it to a wall or ceiling to see if it will stick :-). You can also chew on it to see if it is to your liking.
- Bon Appetit!
- PS -- Send me a message to let me know what you think. Thanks!
NotesI actually got the original recipe from a co-worker, but she used ketchup instead of Marinara sauce! I have improvised her original recipe and added a few more touches of my own (i.e. the Marinara, Riesling and Italian Seasoning). Feel free to play around with this recipe if you find a flavor that suits your palate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More