- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. of medium-sized raw shrimp
- 3/4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter (can be adjusted to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- approx. 9-12 ounces of angel hair pasta (preferably fresh or refrigerated Buitoni brand)
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup of Riesling wine
- 1. Dice up garlic into very small pieces.
- 2. Peel & rinse raw shrimp.
- 3. Heat up large saucepan to medium heat and add butter.
- 4. Melt butter and spread evenly around pan. Add garlic and grill until lightly browned.
- 5. Add shrimp to butter & garlic in pan.
- 6. Cook shrimp thoroughly (you will notice that it will turn very pink-orange in color and shrink and curl up in size).
- 7. Add Riesling to shrimp, butter & garlic in pan.
- 8. Stir frequently for shrimp to be cooked evenly and add Italian Seasoning.
- 9. Add half a (26 oz.) jar of Marinara Sauce--I highly recommend Newmans Own for this. (Of course, you can always adjust how much marinara sauce you want to use based on your own taste preferences).
- 10. Cook until sauce begins to simmer and bubble.
- 11. Top shrimp & sauce over cooked angel hair pasta (directions for prep below).
- Angel Hair Pasta Prep:
- 1. Add 4 1/2 cups of water to pot.
- 2. Add olive oil & salt to water and stir in evenly (to avoid pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot).
- 3. Bring water to a boil and add angel hair pasta.
- 4. Cook pasta thoroughly for about 10-12 minutes on medium heat.
- * You can do the typical test by taking out a strand of pasta and flinging it to a wall or ceiling to see if it will stick :-). You can also chew on it to see if it is to your liking.
- Bon Appetit!
- PS -- Send me a message to let me know what you think. Thanks!
NotesI actually got the original recipe from a co-worker, but she used ketchup instead of Marinara sauce! I have improvised her original recipe and added a few more touches of my own (i.e. the Marinara, Riesling and Italian Seasoning). Feel free to play around with this recipe if you find a flavor that suits your palate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More