- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart oil for frying
- Place chicken strips into a large, resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder.
- Pour mixture into bag with chicken.
- Seal, and refigerate for 4 hours.
- In another large, resealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, bread crumbs and salt. Remove chicken from refrigerator, and drain, discarding buttermilk mixture. Place chicken in flour mixture bag. Seal, and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Carefully place coated chicken in hot oil. Fry until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
NotesThese are so easy and good!
This is a www.allrecipes.com recipe that I changed to fit my family's tastes. Simple and easy recipe! I make homemade honey mustard for dipping!