GARLIC CHICKEN KIEV
- Servings: 6
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine -- softened
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives or parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 small skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
- 2 cups corn flakes -- crushed (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup buttermilk OR 1/4 cup skim milk
Mix margarine, chives and garlic powder; shape into rectangle, 3 1— 2 inches. Cover and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Remove excess fat from chicken; flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness between waxed paper or plastic wrap.
Heat oven to 425º. Cut margarine mixture crosswise into 6 pieces. Place 1 piece on center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over margarine; fold up ends and secure with wooden pick. Mix corn flakes, parsley and paprika. Dip chicken into buttermilk; lightly and evenly coat with corn flake mixture. Place chicken breasts, seam sides down, in square pan, 9 — 9 — 2 inches, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake uncovered until chicken is done, about 35 minutes.
Microwave Directions: Prepare chicken as directed. Arrange coated chicken breasts, seam sides down, on microwavable rack in microwavable dish. Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes; rotate dish 1/2 turn. Microwave until chicken is done, 4 to 6 minutes longer. Let stand uncovered 5 minutes.
Serves 6 --