Garlic Herb Baked Haddock
4 haddock fillets (fresh or previously frozen-thawed) approx. 2.5" x 5" each
- couple handfuls of garlic/herb butter cracker - finely crushed
- garlic butter
- minced garlic
- 1/2 large onion - diced
- 1/2 green pepper - diced
- roma tomato - diced
- grated parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
Melt enough garlic butter to coat the bottom of a 2 qt. oblong casserole dish.
2. Mix butter with minced garlic and place in casserole dish.
3. Mix diced onion,pepper and tomato together and place on top of melted butter/garlic
4. Lay haddock fillets next to each other on top of onions/peppers - try and leave a little space b/w each.
5. Melt another Tbl or two of butter and combine with cracker crumbs.
6. Place a handful of the crumb mixture on each fillet.
7. Dust the top lightly with parm. cheese
8. Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
9. Bake in oven, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
10. To check doneness - scrape away a bit of the crumb topping and check that fillets are white and flaky in the middle
Pairs Well With
I decided to try this recipe after having it out at a local Spuds resaurant. It was a huge hit with the hubby and my daughter. I like to serve it with a chopped salad and Near East garlic/o.o. pasta
*get fillets with uniform thickness