- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 - 4 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TB butter or margarine
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 oz liquid fruit pectin
- In a good sized saucepan add the butter and garlic. Over medium heat, while stirring constantly (garlic burns easily.....so make sure you stir!) cook until the garlic is golden brown. This should take a couple of minutes....3 - 4? maybe more...just keep an eye on it, which shouldn't be too hard to do since you're standing there stirring it the whole time.
- Add the sugar, vinegar (and the odor increases) and water. Keep cooking and stirring until the mixture comes to a rolling boil. Add the pectin and bring the mixture back to a rolling boil....and yes...you are still stirring. Stir and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove your jelly from the heat. If there is any foam on top...skim it off. Carefully pour the jelly into heat resistant jars with lids.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer. It takes a bit of time to set....up to a week.
NotesThe minute I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it! The garlic flavor is intense. If you don't absolutely LOVE garlic....then don't make it. Also note that the aroma during the process of making this jelly is very strong. The results are worth it. It's a great condiment on crackers with cream cheese or as a glaze or marinade
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Adventures in Cooking
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More