- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare Basic Pizza Dough as recipe instructs and set aside to rise.
- Combine butter and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cook until the garlic is fragrant and tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cover, remove from the heat and set aside. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets. Set aside.
- Remove risen dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough out into a large rectangle, about 16 by 12 inches.
- Brush the dough lightly with the olive oil. Cut the dough in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into strips about 1 1/4 inches wide.
- Tie each strip loosely into a knot, stretching gently if necessary, and place on prepared baking sheets about 2-inches apart.
- Sprinkle the tops of the knots with salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 30 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown and risen, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss gently with the warm garlic butter, Pecorino Romano cheese, and parsley.
- Add salt to taste if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
My Family Cookbook
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More