- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare Basic Pizza Dough as recipe instructs and set aside to rise.
- Combine butter and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cook until the garlic is fragrant and tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cover, remove from the heat and set aside. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets. Set aside.
- Remove risen dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough out into a large rectangle, about 16 by 12 inches.
- Brush the dough lightly with the olive oil. Cut the dough in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into strips about 1 1/4 inches wide.
- Tie each strip loosely into a knot, stretching gently if necessary, and place on prepared baking sheets about 2-inches apart.
- Sprinkle the tops of the knots with salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 30 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown and risen, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss gently with the warm garlic butter, Pecorino Romano cheese, and parsley.
- Add salt to taste if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cooking with Sabra
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More