- Cooking Time: 100
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/4 - 3 3/4 pound chicken, cut into quarters
- 3 1/2 pounds of potatoes
- The juice from 2-3 medium lemons
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 8 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters, lengthwise.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and potatoes.
- Transfer chicken to a roasting pan, and add potatoes, on and around the chicken.
- Add oregano, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice, distributing evenly across the pan.
- Add water and roast uncovered at 355°F (180°C) for a total of 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Half way through (50 minutes), turn the chicken.
- Note: Check periodically to make sure there is still a little water in the pan. If needed, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more.
NotesMy family loves this Greek dish. If you love lemon and garlic you will love this. Everyone that has tried it gives it 5 stars. So Yummy!!This is one of the easiest recipes to make, and one of the most tempting to eat.
Adjust the garlic down if it's not a favorite, and the classic tastes of lemon and oregano will still make this dish uniquely Greek.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More