- Cooking Time: 100
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/4 - 3 3/4 pound chicken, cut into quarters
- 3 1/2 pounds of potatoes
- The juice from 2-3 medium lemons
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 8 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters, lengthwise.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and potatoes.
- Transfer chicken to a roasting pan, and add potatoes, on and around the chicken.
- Add oregano, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice, distributing evenly across the pan.
- Add water and roast uncovered at 355°F (180°C) for a total of 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Half way through (50 minutes), turn the chicken.
- Note: Check periodically to make sure there is still a little water in the pan. If needed, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more.
NotesMy family loves this Greek dish. If you love lemon and garlic you will love this. Everyone that has tried it gives it 5 stars. So Yummy!!This is one of the easiest recipes to make, and one of the most tempting to eat.
Adjust the garlic down if it's not a favorite, and the classic tastes of lemon and oregano will still make this dish uniquely Greek.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Get Fit With Good Food!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More