- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 2 1/4 lb russet potatoes
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp (1/4 stick) butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and cut into even-sized pieces.
- Place in large pot of lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Meanwhile, seperate garlic cloves, but do not peel them.
- Place in a bowl, add olive oil and toss until well coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in oven until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot, mash slightly.
- Add sour cream and butter.
- Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into pot.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mash potatoes until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cut chives into small peices and sprinkle over mashed potatoes.
NotesA delicious mashed potato recipe that goes well with most any main dish. This recipe has been in our family for many years.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Get Cookin'See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More