- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5-6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a tried and true family favorite. I have served this hot and cold. Both ways it is a big hit. - 25 minutes start to finish.
- 16 oz. mini penne boiled
- Sprinkle of salt
- 3 crowns of broccoli steamed until done
- 5 oz. shredded Asiago Cheese (course shred if possible--avail. at Aldi's)
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2-3 TBSP olive oil
- Cut up broccoli... use the entire stem, cut it thin and in bite sized pieces. Stream in the microwave with a little water until tender.
- Boil penne with a sprinkle of salt in the water. Drain when done.
- At the same time, put oil in a large frying pan... on a low heat and saute the garlic.
- add steamed broccoli and cook on low heat for a few more minutes... stirring to infuse with garlic.
- Add drained penne to the broccoli (you need a large frying pan!) and stir.
- Add Asiago Cheese and stir.
- Serves 5-6.
- Time to cook. 25 minutes start to finish.