- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 - chicken boneless skinless breast halves, or 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs thinly sliced (about the size of your little finger or smaller)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Mix together the first 6 ingredients. Sprinkle mixure over chicken and mix well, coating all the chicken slices.
- In a skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Saute chicken until done. Add chicken both to the pan, whisking up the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Keep cooking until the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Serve over rice
NotesYou absolutely have to love garlic to eat this one. I use to eat lunch at a small place near my work. They served a plate called Garlic Chicken that was to die for. Unfortunately the owner sold the place and the menu left with her. I have tried to immitate her dish and this is as close as I can get (without adding the msg that was used in the original recipe.) I've been making this for several years now and the family loves it. We probably eat it at least once a month...quick, easy and good....great for those hectic weekdays!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce