GARLIC-ROASTED NEW POTATO SALAD
- Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 lemon, halved
1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons parsley, minced
1 lemon, halved
1. In a large gratin dish, toss the potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, two thirds of the garlic, and the salt and pepper until the garlic and oil are well distributed. Spread the potatoes in a single layer with the skin sides facing down. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place gratin dish in the oven and cook for about 45 minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown; shake pan after the first 20 minutes and again after 15 more minutes. Take potatoes out of from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove potatoes from the pan with a metal spatula to avoid breaking the potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise with the remaining garlic and the parsley. Squeeze the juice of the lemon halves, making sure to remove seeds, into the mayonnaise. Stir until it is smooth.
3. Combine mayonnaise with the potatoes and serve.
Serves 4 as a side dish.