- Cooking Time: 8 min.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
BackstoryA quick tip: This salad comes together in ten minutes if you don't have to prepare the shrimp! Buy a few pounds of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined. Then take five minutes when you get home from the market to remove all of the tails, and place 1/2 lb. portions of shrimp in freezer bags. If you pull one out of the freezer in the morning, they will be defrosted by lunchtime and ready to go.
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, shells and veins removed
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 mango
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls. lime juice
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- rice wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp with salt and pepper, garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Spread in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until pink.
- While shrimp cooks, peel and dice mango and toss in a small bowl with lime juice, cilantro, salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add greens and toss gently.
- Arrange mango and greens on a plate, top with shrimp and drizzle with rice wine vinegar.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More