- Cooking Time: 8 min.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, shells and veins removed
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 mango
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls. lime juice
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- rice wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp with salt and pepper, garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Spread in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until pink.
- While shrimp cooks, peel and dice mango and toss in a small bowl with lime juice, cilantro, salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add greens and toss gently.
- Arrange mango and greens on a plate, top with shrimp and drizzle with rice wine vinegar.
NotesA quick tip: This salad comes together in ten minutes if you don't have to prepare the shrimp! Buy a few pounds of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined. Then take five minutes when you get home from the market to remove all of the tails, and place 1/2 lb. portions of shrimp in freezer bags. If you pull one out of the freezer in the morning, they will be defrosted by lunchtime and ready to go.