- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups warm water (between 110 and 115 degrees F.)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup garlic and rosemary infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt, extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 475 F. Mix the water and sugar in a large non-reactive bowl and allow to stand ten minutes or until foamy. Stir in 2 tablespoons oil, strained garlic and rosemary, and three cups of the flour with a wooden spoon, blending until fairly smooth. Add 1 tablespoon salt and as much of the remaining flour as is needed to make a smooth soft dough, knead until smooth directly in the bowl for 6 or 7 minutes. Cover bowl tightly with saran wrap and allow to stand for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Spread out the dough in a 9 x 13-inch non-stick jelly roll pan. Allow to rise 15 to 20 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Dent the surface deeply all over with the tips of your fingers. Brush the surface generously with infused olive oil, kosher salt. Bake at 475 F for 12- 15 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- To infuse the olive oil, bring 1 cup oil to a simmer. Add 4 crushed garlic cloves and several stems of rosemary. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes then turn off heat and let stand for an hour. Strain and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
NotesThis bread is as delightful toasted to reheat as it is fresh out of the oven.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More