- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 70
- AUSTRALIAN LAMB
- 1 Australian leg of lamb, boneless
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided, to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, divided
- ¼ cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- 18 ounce roasted red pepper (about 5 peppers/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- To make marinade, combine the cayenne, garlic, Kosher salt, ½ cup of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest, ¼ cup of the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary. Pour over the lamb. Refrigerate lamb for 24 hours, turning every few hours to coat in marinade.
- Place leg on a preheated grill and cover. After 15 minutes, remove the cover and turn. Cover again. Continue to turn meat every 15 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F, about 35-45 minutes.
- To make the roasted red pepper sauce, combine half of the roasted red peppers, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of rosemary in a blender. Blend until smooth. Fold in the remaining roasted red pepper. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until needed.
- To serve, slice lamb and place 6 ounces on a plate. Top with ¼ cup of chunky roasted red pepper sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Delightful DessertsSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More