- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- AUSTRALIAN LAMB
- 1 Australian leg of lamb, boneless
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided, to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, divided
- ¼ cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- 18 ounce roasted red pepper (about 5 peppers/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- To make marinade, combine the cayenne, garlic, Kosher salt, ½ cup of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest, ¼ cup of the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary. Pour over the lamb. Refrigerate lamb for 24 hours, turning every few hours to coat in marinade.
- Place leg on a preheated grill and cover. After 15 minutes, remove the cover and turn. Cover again. Continue to turn meat every 15 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F, about 35-45 minutes.
- To make the roasted red pepper sauce, combine half of the roasted red peppers, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of rosemary in a blender. Blend until smooth. Fold in the remaining roasted red pepper. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until needed.
- To serve, slice lamb and place 6 ounces on a plate. Top with ¼ cup of chunky roasted red pepper sauce.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More