- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of the dishes I put on my family's Holiday table.
This recipe goes great with a side of lightly salted, buttered spaghetti with a touch of garlic powder and a chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio.
- 2lb sea scallops
- Dry basil
- Garlic infused olive oil (or olive oil with 4-5 crushed garlic cloves)
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2-3 tblspns butter
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Heat the oil (or oil and garlic) over medium heat.
- Carefully add the scallops and lightly sprinkle on some basil.
- When the scallops are white about 1/2 way thru, carefully turn them over and sprinkle on some basil.
- The scallops will be done when they are white in color and no longer translucent.
- They'll start to get a golden brown color on the edges, but you don't want to overcook them - they'll get chewy.
- In a small skillet, heat the bread crumbs in butter and thoroughly mix until they form larger crumbs.
- Transfer the scallops to a baking dish and sprinkle the bread crumb topping, crushed garic and shredded cheese over them.
- Bake at 350 for 5, maybe 10 minutes to melt the cheese over the scallops.