- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2lb sea scallops
- Dry basil
- Garlic infused olive oil (or olive oil with 4-5 crushed garlic cloves)
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2-3 tblspns butter
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Heat the oil (or oil and garlic) over medium heat.
- Carefully add the scallops and lightly sprinkle on some basil.
- When the scallops are white about 1/2 way thru, carefully turn them over and sprinkle on some basil.
- The scallops will be done when they are white in color and no longer translucent.
- They'll start to get a golden brown color on the edges, but you don't want to overcook them - they'll get chewy.
- In a small skillet, heat the bread crumbs in butter and thoroughly mix until they form larger crumbs.
- Transfer the scallops to a baking dish and sprinkle the bread crumb topping, crushed garic and shredded cheese over them.
- Bake at 350 for 5, maybe 10 minutes to melt the cheese over the scallops.
NotesThis is one of the dishes I put on my family's Holiday table.
This recipe goes great with a side of lightly salted, buttered spaghetti with a touch of garlic powder and a chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More