- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth or vegetable broth
- fresh ground pepper (to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage (or 2 leaves fresh)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 6-8 slices of toasted Italian bread or French bread
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- Saute garlic in oil until slightly browned.
- Heat broth and wine until hot but not boiling.
- Add garlic, oil, spices and herbs, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove bay leaf from pot and puree soup.
- Return pureed soup to pot and continue simmering.
- Add cream to egg yolks, then add a bit of soup and mix well.
- Add egg mixture to the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place a toast slice in each bowl, ladle soup over toast slice and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
NotesA wonderful rich garlic soup that is not overpowering!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Get Fit With Good Food!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More